A Skills Culture is a mindset to be motivated and taking action to learn and apply skills.
In a Skills Culture:
- Learn skills. Prove your competency by demonstration and/or taking assessments.
- Skills and talents. Consider abilities in education and career planning, but they are not the sole criteria.
- Hire based on skills. Takes attitude to commit to learning a set of skills, values, and behaviors over time.
- Always practice skills. Every experience - education, employment, and other - is an opportunity to apply skills, values, and behaviors.
- Encompasses all skills. Acquire not only technical skills, but also transferable and thinking skills, soft skills, and behaviors. (All of these skills work with Skills-Based Approach.)
Most people strongly agree that you can learn a skill "if you work on developing it and am determined to learn it properly".